6.26.2009

6/25 & 6/26


Thursday was a bike day for me. I got up super early and rode my new loop. It goes up into McDowell Mountains so there are some good hills. The morning was warm, but there was no wind which was nice. Coming downhill I topped out at 31 mph. Before the ride I made sure all the bolts on the bike were tightened, the last ride I thought my fork was going to fall off. I ended up riding 15.95 miles in 57:09. Since it was dawn I did not wear my sunglasses and I kept getting bugs in my eyes, so sometime this weekend I will need to look for a pair of clear lensed glasses or yellow lensed, whichever is cheaper.

Today I woke up a little later than usual (5:30 instead of 4:45) for my run. I was pretty hot and I am glad I brought my belt with me. I went through almost two bottles. Other than that the run went great. I felt good the entire time and the knee only bothered me for the last 10 minutes. Total distance was 6.15 miles in 55:42. This afternoon I went to the gym for a swim. It was flippin crowded at 11am on a Friday. I had to wait 10 minutes for a lane to open up, and I ended up getting the gimpy lane (the lane on the far left is only 20m instead of 25m due to the stairs). It sucked and I ended up letting it ruin my workout. Total time in the water was 32:20, I have no idea how far I went. After the swim I went upstairs and did 50 minutes of strenght training. I am geting pretty weak and need to do this more often.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your knee didn't bother you the entire time. D, the surprise was perfect. I really loved it! You rock!

    ReplyDelete