6.23.2009

6/23: Hot Bike


So I came up with this great plan to start biking after work of Tuesday and Thursday so I wouldn't have to wake up before 5am. I don't think I will be doing it again. It was 100 degrees and I feel like I am dying. Besides that there was just too much traffic for me to feel comfortable, that combined with a 10 mph side wind. I didn't get into the aero position but 30% of the ride. A little discouraging, but evidence that I need more time on the bike. I rode hard today and that and the heat just killed me. Todays stats were 14 miles in 51:42 for a 16.25 avg mph. Tomorrow I am working from home so my plan is to run in the morning and swim during lunch. Check me out in my new yellow jersey.

1 comment:

  1. I like your sweet yellow jersey. Thanks for buying it for me! I'm glad you learned that 109* is too hot to run outside in the afternoon... but sometimes you've got to experience that pain, to know it isn't worth it! :-D

    ReplyDelete