


So today's bike ride was a learning experience. I learned to never ride the bike path again. I learned puddles suck. And I learned it is not much fun to skid accross concrete at 20 mph. So 13 minutes into the ride I hit a wet spot and went flying. After regrouping and making sure the bike was ok, I got off the bike path and finished my 91 minute ride. I found some nice hills up north of where we live and it ended up being a fun ride. I got to go 30 mph again - going fast is fun. I covered 24 miles this morning, not as much as I wanted, but pretty good considering what happened. Now since I have open wounds all over my body I cannot go swimming today, so its a free afternoon for Tristin and I to have super fun.
It was crazy being like, hey there's Derek riding on the road, "Hi Derek!" then I'm like OMG, I'm an idiot D rides the bike path, I wouldn't have seen him running.
ReplyDeleteCRAZY that it WAS YOU! Had you not fallen, I wouldn't have seen you on my return leg home... you do have a nice form as you ride... even in spite of the pain. You look like you've been doing it a long time!