Monday was a runday. I got up early and went out for a slightly harder effort run with strides every 5 minutes. The humidity has now gone down to normal, so it felt a little better. It was still hot, but I didn't need to bring any water with me. I ran 3.5 miles in 28:06 for an 8:02/mile pace. I felt pretty good but didn't want to push it too hard because Wednesday's run will be tough and I want semi-fresh legs.
Tuesday called for a hour long bike at an easy effort, but since the bike is easier on my body I tend to push myself a little harder than it calls for. I rode my normal route up Thompson Peak Pkwy and got 15.5 miles in 57:26. I like the hills on this route (i got up to 33mph today!) and the scenery is nice the deserty. I also got to see my first Arizona deer - dead on the side of the road.
interesting comments on the arizona brand carcasses! :-D
ReplyDeleteYou are super fast Derek! I can't wait to see you at the tri in 12 weeks! WHOOO