7.12.2009

7/10 - 7/12: Weekend


So I have decided to add an extra bike workout each week. Since the bike is low impact, and the longest leg of race, I can add an extra workout without killing my body too much. So Friday morning I went for a ride up and down 96th street. I didn't want to do any hills today so I just rode up and down 3 times. I rode 13.5 miles in 46 minutes. Friday night Tristin and I went and got happy hour sushi from South Beach on the way home from work - I love $3 rolls! I had to work Saturday so we watched a movie after dinner then called it a night.

Saturday I woke up early and went for a short run. I wore the nike frees and didn't have any pain today, it was nice. I ran 3.7 miles in 29:23 for a 7:56/mile. My lungs burned today, it was strange as they haven't felt that way in a long time, I think I have been forgetting to take my asthma medicine or something. After my run I worked. It was so much fun. After that I went to the gym for a swim. I swam slow and steady and covered 1850 m in 42:17. The start of the swim sucked, but I then found a rhythm and felt pretty good and efficient. After the swim we went to Rock Bottom for some pretzels and beer, watched a movie, then went to sleep.

Sunday I woke up too early - our cat has been a noisy little sh!t every morning so I feel like I haven't slept in weeks. After I ate my bagel and pb I went for a ride. I felt really good today and rode almost to Cave Creek. I got to use a new hydration system I purchased yesterday. It mounts on the aero bars so I all I have to do is put a straw in my mouth when I want water. It worked out pretty good. I rode for 1:50:03 and covered 33 miles for and awesome 17.99 mph average. Hopefully by October I can maintain a 19+ mph average!

1 comment:

  1. I love those rock bottom pretzels.
    YUM! Also rapter red is a good beer!

    ReplyDelete