7.08.2009

7/8

Today was a tough one. I woke up this morning had a hand full of Lucky Charms, got my gear ready, and went for a run. This my long run for the week, and the hard effort of the week also. I warmed up for 20 min at an easy pace, then for 35 minutes went 3 hard, 2 easy, then easy until I got home. My total time today was 1:09:08 and I went about 7.5 miles. I had thought I would have gone further, but I guess I'm just not that fast. I brought with me two bottles of water and two of Cytomax, and ended up going through all the Cytomax and most of the water. I hate wearing the hydration belt, but I guess I need it. After the run I was pretty sore, my right knee was bothering me again today, so I took a 10 min ice bath.

During lunch I went for a swim. My legs still hurt from the run and my calves were cramping during the swim, so the workout wasn't very good. I warmed up for 200 yds, then did 3 - 500 yd repeats with 1 min rest in the middle. My pace was pretty consistant at 2 min per 100 yds. Total time in the pool was 37:49. Pretty tough day, but kinda fun in a strange way.

No comments:

Post a Comment