7.22.2009

7/20 - 7/22


So this week is a recovery week. Monday I took completely off, and it felt good to not wake up before 5. Tuesday I planned to ride and run for 30 minutes each before work, but there was a storm coming in with lots of lightning, so I only rode. 30 minutes at an easy pace, covering 9.1 miles. Tristin asked me not to run in the lightning, so I ran on the treadmill in our fitness center after work. I ran for 25 minutes and covered 3 miles. Running on the treadmill started to hurt my knees, so I didn't go the entire 30 minutes.
Wednesday morning I went for another easy 30 minute ride, covering 8.4 miles. Had to stop at a lot of lights this morning. I can tell my legs are tired so I hope this week will give them enough time to recover. This afternoon I went to the aquatic center during lunch for a 30 min swim. I really like these pools - the lanes are huge, they are outdoor, and they have lifegaurds to save me cause I can't swim well. I think I will have to cancel the gym membership soon, they also have a gym at the centers.

2 comments:

  1. so running on the treadmill stunk huh?
    yeah, I figured. I'm glad you're having a rest-recovery week FINALLY!

    WE GET TO SEE hARRY POTTER TONIGHT!
    YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, what kind of fitness center? Like similar to the pointe in ballwin? or more like our fitness center by our pool at the condo?

    thanks for seeing the movie with me. IT ROCKED!

    ReplyDelete