So I am almost finished with my swim heavy week and I have noticed some really good gains. I have decided to skip the run heavy and bike heavy weeks because I don't think it is very safe. So Wednesday started off with a banana and some water then off for a Tempo run. My goal was one hour, but I ran the second half a little faster and finished 6.3 miles in 55:16. The first 15 min were easy, then for the next 25 I increased to a hard yet sustainable effort, followed by 15 easy. Felt good and pain free and finished the run off with a 10 min soak in cold water. During lunch I went for a swim. Today's workout was short, fast efforts. After my warm up I did 20 - 50 yd repeats on every minute, followed by a cool down. I was wiped out afterwards. Total swim was 1400 yd in 31 min.
Thursday I woke up, had a banana and some water (this has become my meal before shorter workouts when I don't have time for the food to digest, otherwise its a pb sandwich and coffee) then went out for a ride. Today I focused on cadence trying to keep a high RPM. When I finished my legs were not as tired, but my lungs defiantly got worked harder. Thursdays ride was exactly the same time and distance as Tuesdays (17 miles in 54:47) - weird. After work was another swim. Today's swim was a long constant swim. I warmed up for 200 yds, then swam 1700 straight. I had never swam that far without stopping before, and I did it much faster than I usually swim - 1:41/100 pace rather than the 2:00/100 I have been sitting at for the past several months. It was a great confidence builder.
Today is a rest day and I plan on doing absolulty nothing!
Cool runnings my friend.
ReplyDeleteGlad your swimming has improved! Again.. sign up for an open water!
Tonight.. what do you want to do after my Dr's appt?