7.26.2009

7/25 - run, swim, and beer


So yesterday I woke up at 3:30am and could not fall asleep, so a little after 4 I got out of bed and got ready for my run. By the time I got out the door at 5 it was already 94 degrees with 40% humidity, it felt pretty gross. I ran for 60 minutes today starting with 20 easy, then 20 tempo, and 20 easy to finish. I felt good during the tempo portion, got into my rhythm and was able to go at a pretty fast pace. After the run I went to the gym for a 1000 m time trial. I did it in 19:47, but felt pretty crappy during the swim. My arms were sore and my legs were dead, but I am still happy I finished in under 20min. For lunch we went out to watch the Cardinal game, and once it turned bad in the 6th inning the beers went down faster. Once I got home I was exhausted and was asleep at 6pm, I'm not much fun anymore.

1 comment:

  1. you are super fun... but I think you must not be feeling well.. as you've not slept well in several days.... and zero sleep during the middle of the night will have you sleeping by early evening.

    Side note, Vegas sounds like a lot of fun... and it is something I've wanted to do since 2007. I can't think of a more perfect way of celebrating and having fun, than by doing it with another runner! :-D

    ReplyDelete