7.28.2009

7/27 - 7/28 - Swim Week

So this week is a swim focused week. So I get to go to the pool everyday! Which is kind of nice cause I like the new pool. Monday I really started to feel like I got over the cold and my energy levels and sleep are back to normal. Monday morning I went for a 5am run. I am starting to feel really good when I run and am having no real pain. I ran 3.6 miles in 30:37. I didn't eat or drink any calories before the run and was starving about 20 minutes in. After work I went to the pool and swam. My workout was a 1650 yrd ladder interval, where I start with 275 yds, then 250, all the way to 25. I kept each interval at a 30sec per 25 yd pace and noticed that I am starting to be able to swim much faster. The total workout with 200 wu and 150 cd lasted 41:21.
Today I woke up, ate a banana and went for a ride. I have been trying to ride harder each week and I have noticed some nice gains in my bike fitness from it, I even reached 35.5 mph today! I rode for 17 miles in 54:47 for a 18.62 mph average. After work it was off to the pool for another swim. Todays workout was 10 x 100 yds every 1:55. I was able to keep a pretty steady pace of 1:30 per 100, leaving about 25 sec of rest between each one. Maybe its swimming in the sun, but I have been swimming so much better at the new pool.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you like your new goggles and swimming at the pool. Exciting stuff!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete