7.05.2009

7/4 Bike and Swim




This morning I got up early and headed out for a run. I have found that a pb sandwich works well with my stomach before rides and runs so I stuck with it this morning. Today I went 30.5 miles in 1:48:46. The plan was for 2 hrs, but the first hour ended up being all up hill and the return took me much less time than anticipated. On the way back I got to see a giant dead snake in the road, it was pretty cool - the first snake I have seen in 4 years in AZ. I am starting to feel real comfortable riding with traffic and was able to stay aero for almost the whole ride. I also found my during race nutrition will be shot blocks. I did some experimenting with gels and blocks and found the gels get very warm in the sun and tasted like warm, thick vodka, but the gels did not melt sun and don't taste like crap. After the ride I went to the gym to swim. I only got in 20 min/1,000m due to it being so crowded, but I was pretty tired so I didn't mind. Today I also learned that if marinade chicken in pineapple juice, it makes it taste like regurgitated sh!t when it cooks - not cool. My totals for last week (6/28 - 7/4) were:


Swim: 5050.00 Yd - 2h 06m


Bike: 50.35 Mi - 3h 12m 02s


Run: 13.70 Mi - 2h 08m 12s

1 comment:

  1. yeah, pineapple marinade is not good for chicken.

    Good to see you on your ride. That was fun!

    ReplyDelete