7.02.2009

7/2: Bike and Swim and a fun day off


This morning I started my 4-day weekend off by waking up at 5am to a terrible noise coming from a small, evil animal. I got up had a bagel with pb then went for my ride. My training plan described today's plan as "Today we will work on leg strength by finding a hill and getting to know it intimately." So I did hill repeats for 59:27 covering 15.6 miles. This was a pretty tough workout so I decided a cold bath would be an appropriate to help recover. After the bath I took a warm shower then headed to the pool for a swim. I felt better today than yesterday, but am still slow. I got into a good rhythm and ended up swimming 1,850 meters non-stop after a 200m warm up in 48:17. I then came home, ate some generic Cookie Crisp and took a nap. Now I plan to rest up for another hour or two then meet Tristin f0r drinks to start the weekend. I look forward to doing nothing tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, after those workouts, I bet the LAST THING you wanted to hear was that I had purchased some exercise DVD's.. huh?

    Oh well, at least we'll be kicking back and relaxing... and that has nothing to do with training!

    ReplyDelete