7.19.2009

7/17 - 7/19


So this weekend went pretty well. Friday morning I went for a ride before work. I tried to go harder than usual, but still felt pretty good. I rode for 57 minutes and went 17 miles. My average mph is improving and the hills don't kill me like they used to. After work I decided to try out the nearby aquatic center. Once I got to the door I saw they changed their hours (but not on their website) and are closed at 3pm on Fridays. I was a little upset and started to head to the gym. On my way I remembered there is another aquatic center near the gym, so I decided to see if they were open. They still followed their hours that were posted online, so I paid my $3 (it would have been $2, but I never changed my license to show I am a Scottsdale resident) and put in a 30 minute swim. The center was real nice and had lots of lanes and not a lot of people. I only swam for 30 minutes because it was outdoors and I had no sunscreen. It was a good swim, I did 100m repeats at a faster than normal pace.

Saturday was a rest day and I took advantage of it. Tristin ran a 5k in the morning and after it was finished we came home, ran some errands, then I slept for several hours. It was nice.

This morning was tough. I woke up early and started my ride at 6am. I rode for 1:51:26 at a 18.99 mph pace for 35.26 miles. I felt good and was able to practice my race day nutrition. After the ride I changed my clothes and with in 5 minutes was out the door for a run. The first 5 or so minutes my legs felt numb, but after that I felt good. It was pretty hot (much hotter than when I usually run) and I should have brought water with me, but it was no big deal. I ended up running 3.4 miles in 29 minutes. Now the rest of the day is going to be filled with laziness and eating. Next week is a recovery week and I am very much looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. NO BIG DEAL? It is hot as heck, you even told me so. So, you shouldn't be a big fibber and lie. You even said you'd stop calling me a whining baby, because yes, 85* vs 95* DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Blpppppp
    :-p

    ReplyDelete