
Wednesday was my hard effort for the week. I was scheduled for a long, slow run. I ran for 1:25:09 and covered 9.2 miles for a 9:16 min/mile average. My knee started hurting about 30 minutes in, but never was more than a dull ache. Other than the knee I felt pretty good. At that pace I felt I could have kept running for hours. My plan was then to swim during lunch since I was working from home, but at 11:30 I had to go into the office, so Wednesday was a run only day.
Thursday I got up early and went for a ride. My legs were a little tired from Wednesday so I decided to stay away from the hills and take a new route. This was not a good idea, I had to stop at lights every 1/2 mile and the ride pretty much sucked. My HR never passed 130 and I averaged 112. I rode for 43:38 and covered 12 miles, then off to work. After I work I went to the gym to make up yesterday's swim. It the most crowded I have ever seen it. I had to share a lane and only got in 20 minutes. Tomorrow I am going to check out the aquatic center, and if is less crowded I am cancelling the gym membership. Overall, today was a pretty frustrating training day.
Tristin and I registered for the PF Changs full marathon in January, and got this sweet shirt for registering early.
I HAVE THAT SHIRT! :-D My goal is to bust through the WALL, and keep on running, at least some of the time... I'm pretty sure I hit it at mile 23 of the Go!
ReplyDeleteHow do you share a lane? That is confusing to me... please explain.
Sorry your ride and swim sucked, but you are improving, and getting the time in and getting your head into it. Somtimes strengthening the mind is harder than you think.
I bonked earlier than mile 23, I think it was around 20.
ReplyDeleteTo share a lane one person stays to the right, and the other to the left. You basically stay in the middle until you get close to the other person, then move over. I was on the right and kept hitting the wall.
that sucks, I think I'd fart under the water to get them to leave early... do you smell what the rock is cookin'?
ReplyDeleteIt would be fun to come out for the run in January. Reading all this makes me feel like a couch potatoe.
ReplyDelete