11.03.2009

Marathon Training and Winter Cycling

Now that I have no more tris for the year, its time to look forward to the marathon. It's less than 11 weeks away and its going to sneak up on us fast. I am trying to figure out the best way to train for the next 10 weeks so I can finish the race without hurting myself. I already have a pretty good base built, so I will probably just need to increase my long run and keep everything else similar to how I was training. This winter I also plan to start a 14 week cycling program in order to increase my bike power and speed. The program is to be done indoors 3x a week, with each session being less than an hour. I think it will be a good supplement to the marathon training and should really help me out for next year. I have enjoyed the past week of resting up, but am now getting antsy to start training again.

1 comment:

  1. ants in your pants.........

    training plan sounds good!

    ReplyDelete