11.30.2009

Turkey Weekend

This past week was a lot of fun. For Thanksgiving, Tristin and I went out to Mesa for the 40th Annual Mesa Turkey Trot. We did this last year and the event was very cool. The weather was perfect and the race went great. After the race we went home and prepared our turkey and all the fixins. We spent the rest of the day just eating and lounging around – it was a good day. The rest of the weekend was pretty low key. Friday I had the day off, so I did a short ride on the trainer and spent the rest of the day being lazy. Saturday we went out for our long run. We were still a little sore from Thursday, so were a little slower than usual, but overall had a good 13.5 mile run. The running mileage is getting up there and should keep me busy the next few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! We leave for Vegas in only 3 more days! I'm soo excited! This race will be fun! I was thinking - if my race is similar paced to the 10 mile - I could probably maintain a 10:45 pace (slowing factored in) and finish in around 2:20! That is basically the speed I run when I don't take walk breaks... so who knows! Which if THAT is the case, AND we get the earlier start time... we could finish BEFORE 9am!! WOW! I'm just excited I'm shaking all over!!!

    ReplyDelete