10.07.2009

You'll do gr8!

Don't worry about your next race. You'll do great! We'll get the training in, and not have too many distractions this weekend. You have 2 weekends, and approx 3 weeks to get geared up. Your Nathan's swim was supposed to be 1500 meters, however it was over 200 meters further than it should have been, which means you've already basically covered the distance already. (1.2 miles is equal to 1,931 meters.)

Another fun fact! 1 yard = 3 feet. 1 meter = 3.281 feet.

You swim in a 25 METER pool. So when you are calculating your distances, be sure to use the correct terminology.... because 1500 meters is equal to approx 1650 yards.... both are the exact SAME distance... the yards just sounds further.

The Nathan's Olympic was comprised of a 1500 meter swim, a 24.6 mile bike ride, and a 10k run (6.2 miles).

The Soma Half IronMan is 1.2 mile swim (lets hope they don't mismark this one!), a 56 mile bike ride, and a half marathon distance (13.1 mile) run.

I think if you swim when you can, you are totally capable, and will finish the 1.2 mile swim w/o too much difficulty. I'll try to stay along the coast for the next swim to keep you focused and calm. Also with the bike this weekend, if you can get a 3 hour ride in you'll be good. Plus I have total confidence in your running ability. Get a 2 hour run in this weekend, and you'll be covered. We have the time, and you have the training. I know the work trip and the wedding's timing weren't ideal, but you'll do TERRIFIC! I believe in you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment