
Tomorrow starts my taper for the half ironman, so this weekend was pretty tough. Friday night after work I went for a swim. I swam 5, 500 yd repeats with 1 min rest in between. This was a good swim and I felt good throughout the entire swim. Saturday morning was my long run. I went out for 2hrs 5min and covered 13.2 miles. I kept my hr low and felt great during the entire run. I even got to catch Tristin for the last 2 miles and finish the run with her. Sunday was a long ride, which was tough. My legs were still dead from Saturday and about 2 hrs into the ride I had lost all energy. My cadence sensor stopped working also so I could not tell if I was in the correct gear, which I had probably relied on too much in the past. I rode 57.2 miles and it took 3hrs 40min. I was hoping to cover more than 60 in 3:30, but was not feeling it today. Tuesday I leave for Chicago for work. The hotel I am staying at says it has a lap pool, so hopefully I can still swim and run this week. Right now I am completely exhausted and look forward to sleeping as much as I can tonight and the next few days.
and if they have a stationary bicycle, you can do a little of that too! I hope you enjoy a mini break, as sometimes these are needed to keep you strong!
ReplyDelete