My race is this Sunday and I am very excited for it, as well as a little nervous. This past weekend I took it pretty easy. On Saturday I went out for an hour ride followed by a 45 min run. Then on Sunday I went for another hour ride - this time taking it very easy and staying away from all hills. Monday I got to practice open water swimming with my wetsuit at Lake Saguaro. The wetsuit really helped me feel buoyant and faster. When I first put the thing on it felt as if it was 2 sizes too small, but once I got in the water it felt fine. Tuesday was an interesting day. I woke up early and went for a 40 min (15 wu, 20 tempo, 5 cd) then headed to work. At about 9am I started getting a horrible pain in my stomach and by 11am I had to go home. The next six hours was spent vomiting and being in pain. At about 5pm the pain went away, and by 6pm I felt fine. I must have ingested some nasty water from the lake that just tore my stomach up??? All I know is that I am glad it was not the flu or anything longer lasting. Wednesday I woke up feeling fine. I plan to take it easy today, then go back to my schedule on Thursday. Today is Tristin's birthday and my parents get in town, so it should be a fun night.
4/12 6mi
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment