8.03.2009

8/1 - 8/3: Can't Believe it's Already August


So July just flew by, much like the rest of the year. Hopefully August will too, then it will start to cool down here. Saturday was my long run. I woke up early and grabbed a bagel with peanut butter for breakfast, then 30 minutes later I left for the run. I brought my water belt with me filled with 2 waters and 2 cytomax. I ran 9.1 miles in 1:19:07 for a 8:41/mile. During the run my feet and right knee started to hurt a little, but nothing too bad. After the run I went to Road Runner Sports and got a new pair of shoes. I stuck with the Nike Skylons that I have been using for the past year, they are cheaper than most shoes and I know how they will fit.

Sunday I woke up, had a bagel with pb, then went for a ride. I rode for 2:22:00 and was dying by the end. The last 30min was a struggle. I don't know if my legs were still tired from the day before, or if I just didn't eat enough before or during the ride. My calves even started to cramp up, which has never happened before which makes me think I didn't drink enough water, or I lost too many electrolytes and did not replace them well enough - something to think about for the next ride. For the ride I still ended up going 41.8 miles for a 17.66 mph average. I wanted to swim in the afternoon, but was just too tired.

1 comment:

  1. 40+ miles. That is impressive. You're gonna rock these triathlons! 8 & 12 more weeks!

    And then the running races; 18, 24 more weeks!

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete