2.14.2010

2010 Season is Beginning


So to start 2010 Tristin and I decided to do the Lost Dutchman 8k trail run. Tristin really wanted to do the half marathon but I didn't think I would be ready after the marathon, so she signed us up for the 8k. It was a great event. We decided to run this race separately, rather than together as we do for most running races, and it was a strange experience. I started off with a lot of nervous energy and it took a while to find my stride. After about a mile I settled in and able to run the next 2 miles pretty comfortably. At about mile 3 I started to feel my stomach sloshing around and thought I may hurl at any second, so I slowed my pace a little and kept on. I got to mile 4 and saw that no one was close to me from behind, so it felt good to think no one would pass me before the finish. I ended up surprising myself and finishing the 8k in 33:28 for a 6:45/mile pace! I then walked to the grassy area near the finish in time to see Tristin run by towards her finish of 44:04. We both got medals (they only gave out 300 of the 650 people that registered) and our Valentines gift to each other was our medals, so it was very nice.

Today was a very good day and will be a big reason why I will miss Arizona. Today we found out that our lease application was accepted and that we definitely will be moving to Chicago February 28th. We are both a little scared, but excited at the same time.

Overall, it was a great day!

2 comments:

  1. It was a great day. I'm excited about the move too. Just a little overwhelmed by how expensive it will be... and a little nervous because everything with my contract isn't set in stone yet... but all will be fine... and who knows. Maybe I'll get the FTE job, and we'll be good as gold! I'm being optimistic. We've got a bright future, and I really do believe everything will be alright. If I don't get that FTE position, then it really wasn't meant to be a part of my destiny, so I'm not wallowing in it. We're doing great... and we have each other, which isn't something to sneeze at. Love you! You did great Sunday, I was really proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have upcoming events listed. How can I add that to my page. I'm training right now for the Danskin Women's Triathlon on Mother's Day and the San Diego Half Marathon. Would love to list upcoming events and fundraising dates. Thanks for any help you can give. Jo Lea in Florida

    ReplyDelete