9.23.2009

Race Week

So my next race is at the end of this week and I am getting real excited about it. I am still a little nervous about the swim and bike legs, but am feeling pretty good going into this week. After getting the bike back Friday, I rode a total of 80 miles this weekend. It felt great to be back out there, but I could tell I had lost a lot of confidence. Every time I would see a car I would picture it turning into me. It took me a few weeks to get used to the bike when I first got it, so I am sure it will take a few more to used to it again. On Monday I went out to Saguaro Lake and practiced my open water swimming. I felt pretty good after I got going, not being able to see anything in the water scares me at first. I swam non-stop for almost 45 minutes and felt really strong in the water. The water was pretty rough and I still felt good, which made me feel pretty good about this Sunday. Thursday there is a Splash n' Dash at Tempe Town Lake that I should do to get some more experience swimming in a herd. I am kind of taking it easy this week with by shortening my runs and rides but keeping the intensity high. I will take Friday and Saturday completely off from running and biking so my legs will be fresh for Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited! You are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Race is coming SOON! WHOOP WHOOP< WHOOP WHOOP!!!!

    We drop your bike off in 48 hours! Then you'll be racing in just 72 HOURS! IT's THE FINAL COUNTDOWN... de do de do... de do de do do.. de do de do, de do de do do de de, de do de do... de do de do do, de do de do do do do do do do do do do da, do do de do do do do da da, da da... THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the upcoming race. Will talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete