
Friday morning was an off morning so I got to "sleep in" to 5:15 am - thats when my internal alarm clock goes off and gets me up. Work was uneventful, but lunch was amazing. I met Tristin at Ling and Louies, which is the best place for lunch in Phoenix, and we both got the newly added (to the lunch menu) Kung Pow Chicken/Beef. I got the beef and Tristin got the chicken, it was great! There is nothing at this place I have not liked. Anyway, after work I went for a swim. It felt great to be back in the pool, but my speed and stamina have definately taken a hit. Friday's set consisted of sets of 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100. After I finished the second 300 my form had gone to crap, so I called it a night. I was ver happy with the swim, my times per 100 yds were almost back to where they were before the accident and ther was only minor pain while I swam. Saturday I woke at 6:00 am, had a cup of coffee, ate a pb and banana sandwich, and was out for a run by 7:00 am. The start of the run was rough, my legs felt dead and I kept getting a stitch in my side. Since this was my long run (a 2hr scheduled run) I had to keep going. After about 35 minutes I finally found my stride, about 10 minutes later I saw a runner in a bright pink shirt in the distance, about 10 minutes later I ran into the pink shirt - It was Tristin!!! She had left before me this morning, and it was really great to see her. She had stopped at the Special Olympics Triathlon (SOT) that was taking place in North Scottsdale. After seeing T, I kept trucking along. I got to a point where I would either have to run on the road (sidewalk ended and turned into a multi-use path) or run along the SOT run route, so I turned around and headed back. I finished todays run in 1:47:52 and covered about 12.5 miles. After the first 35 min, I felt pretty good. I wore my bet with all 4 bottles putting half a salt tab in two of them, and ate half a pack of shot blocks at 45min and 90min. My nutrition and hydration were good today and I was pretty happy with the run in all. After the run Tristin and I got some smoothies from Smoothie King, took a nap, then went out to watch the Cardinal game. I swear we are cursed! When we started watching the Cards were up 2-0, then when we turned the game on it became 2-3. We then got lunch, and when we left the Cards were up 6-5, but when we got home they had lost 6-7. Every game that has been televised in AZ they have lost, so I am scard to watch any more games.
Anyway, I heard back from the bike shop today - my wheel has been ordered and they expect it within the next week. I would be very upset if I don't have it by Wednesday. Once I get the bike back, it will be riding everday until I feel comfortable again.
Here are a few more pics from the "accident".
It was cool seeing you on the run. I was like... hey I know that guy! Shame you couldn't catch back up to me. I was hoping you would, since I ran out of water.. and was hoping to bum some of yours, even if it was warm! I walked a lot the last 2 -2.5 miles going, when is D going to catch up with me! I'm thirsty! ha!
ReplyDeleteWe are cursed. I mean, if we started rooting for the cubs they'd probably win a world series... since we tend to reverse the trend. Good thing we stopped watching the Packers game when we did/ otherwise, you may not be getting any points in your fantasy league! :-D
those photos really don't pick up the bruising of your body. Good that you just look like you really lack sleep only on your right eye now.
ReplyDelete