
So i got my bike back yesterday (9/18) and was really excited to start riding again. I decided this weekend was going to be a bike focused weekend, so today I went out for my first road ride in 25 days. I rode slow and easy, not wanting to push it because I am still going for my long ride tomorrow. I was winded early and can tell my endurance has dropped. My confidence on the bike has also dropped, and I spent a lot of time out of the aero position. Overall I was very happy to be riding again and am excited about next week's race. Today I rode 30.77 miles in 1:43:52, for a 17.77 mph average. After the ride I went for a quick transition run. My legs were dead and I was extremely hungry, but was still able to run well. I ran 2.35 miles in 17:43. I didn't plan on running until half way through the bike, so my nutrition and hydration during were less than stellar and I could feel it during the run. I plan to relax the remainder of the day and get ready for tomorrow's ride.
For 2010 they changed the color of my bike, so the new wheel is a little different.
5/6 more days until your race. I'm excited and will try to take a lot of pictures. You are so fast you may disappear before my camera pics you up! Don't slow down for them though... I want you to do what you can!
ReplyDelete