8.07.2009

8/3 - 8/7

8/3: I have decided to switch plans for the remainder of my training, so this week is now a recovery week and I took today off. It was nice to not have anything to do but rest.
8/4: Tuesday I woke up, had a banana, drank some water, and started my run. I took this run easy, or at least I tried to. My HR was really high, my lungs burned, but I didn’t feel like I was really pushing myself. It was probably due to my cold, it being super hot, and the fact that my legs were still hurting from Sunday’s ride. This run was 4.6 miles in 42:20.
8/5: I slept in today until almost 6:00am! No running or biking today, just swimming. I went to the pool at noon, and since one of the area pools is closed this week for cleaning it was super crowded. I had to share a lane with one other person, but because these lanes are so large it was no big deal. Today’s workout was 100 yd repeats every 1:55. I did 14 or 15 of them, I can’t remember exactly. I kept a pretty consistent 1:30/100 yd pace for all but the last few. With my warm up and cool down I swam 1850 yds in 36:00.
8/6: This morning I got up, ate my banana, drank some water, and went for a ride. It felt miserable outside – hot and humid all before 5am. The sun is coming up later now so most of the ride was in the dark, which is a little scary – I probably need to pick up some reflective clothing. I rode 17 miles in 57:06 while keeping my cadence over 90 RPMs. I am feeling much better than the last few days and my HR was not spiking like it had been the last few days. After work it was off to the pool for another swim. Today I swam a total of 2100 yds. Starting with a 400 yd warmup, then 8 x 25, 4 x 50, 2 x 100, 200, 2 x 100, 4 x 50, 8 x 25 intervals at a 30sec per 25 yds, then a 300 cool down. Total time was 43:33. I am supposed to be swimming 60 min eat workout, but am having a hard time getting to that time.
8/7: Today I got up, ate a banana, drank some water, then went for a run. I felt great. I didn’t feel as hot and I no longer feel like I have a cold. I ran an easy 10 min, then pushed it for 20 min, then caught up with Tristin and finished out the run with her which was nice. I saw her in the distance and played a game of catch up like it was a race. Total run was 5 miles in 42:49.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed seeing you and running with you the last mile. It was awesome. You rock.
    XOXO!
    (A year ago today was our wedding rehersal and dinner... isn't that just CRAZY! Totally blows my mind how fast this year went. The only lull was really during the peak of the marathon training when I was just exhausted all of the time.)

    ReplyDelete