4.04.2010

Week 5


This week was a pretty good week. I never did make up my swim from Tuesday, I planned to on Sunday but was too sore after my run. The weather has been getting nicer so I have been able to stick with my routine, I just now wish I had a pool rather than a gym. I did a 90 min ride on the trainer on Saturday. It was the longest I ride I have done on the trainer so far, and the boredom really got to me. I am going to have to get outside soon, I don't think I can take a 2+ hour ride indoors. Sunday I went out for a 90 minute run. I felt pretty good for most of it, but the last 2-3 miles my knees felt pretty sore. After the run I iced the knees, and they have felt fine since. But both of my hips have been really sore. Hopefully it goes away by Monday morning, I don't really want any setbacks this early in my training.

I got four rides in this week and hope to move it to five in the next few weeks. I am trying to really work on my bike fitness this summer as I think it will be the key to a good time in KY. Most of the rides are 45-60 min high intensity rides on the trainer during the week with a longer (90+) ride on the weekend. Hopefully I can keep it up without fatiguing myself too much.
This weeks totals:
1h 25m (3,700 yds) swimming
3h 47m (65.28 miles) bikeing
3h (21.4 miles) running
8h 12m 24s (88.78 miles) total

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can get your swims in this week too... maybe you could even do an open water swim this weekend - and get your wetsuit some use - since you can't use it in the Ironman?

    ReplyDelete