I can't believe we have been in IL for 6 weeks now! This was a tough week. Last Sunday after my run I felt a strange pain in my left hip, then during Wednesdays run it came back and was pretty bad. So I decided to not run anymore this week and put some extra miles in on the bike instead - since there's no pain when I ride. So this week I put in 5 rides and totalled 86 miles, but only ran 5.75. All of my rides were again on the trainer this week. I need to find a place to ride outdoors, these rides over an hour are killing me with boredom. Today I planned to go 2 hours so I put on a movie, but could only last 90 minutes. I was able to swim three times again this week and I am starting to feel stronger in the water. The gym pool isn't as bad as I claim it is, and feeling stronger while swimming is making more enjoyable.
Congrats to Tristin's 2:15:49 half marathon today - she totally kicked ass. I wish I could have been there to watch, but I will just have to make up for it during the Chicago Marathon in October.
I hope this week my hip feels better, but I don't plan to push it since I still have 20 more weeks until KY.
Don't rush your recovery, I want you to be able to compete like the rockstar taht you are! I think we should buy that cooling pouch necklace thing for you in Louisville, I really believe that will help you - as the heat really does get to you, and I want you to have as optimal a performance as possible.
ReplyDelete