So technically I started my 26 week training program this week. However, I only rode twice, swan none, and ran mostly on a treadmill. So it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, but it should get better next week. I found an aquatic center a few miles away that will get me by for a few weeks. My riding will most likely stay on the trainer for a few weeks until I can find a place to ride where I feel safe to ride on the roads. Running should get better soon, it should get a little warmer and I think we found a paved path not too far away. So I am hoping to get into my routine next week, then the following week be in full training mode.
So our first week in IL was interesting. The first few days were rough. The shock of coming from where we used to live to where we are now took a few days to adjust, but I am happy now. It will give a three months to find a great place where we won't have to move for a while. On Saturday we met up with Hefner and he took us downtown and showed us the city, then that night we met up with Kara for a few drinks. It was great to see them and I had a lot of fun.
4/12 6mi
10 years ago
:) I agree. I'm glad we found that aquatic center - and that you can get your swims in... even if it is a bit pricey to begin with!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you'll be swimming again. That makes me happy for you.
ReplyDelete